The Exploration Station is a volunteer-based organization. With a minimal number of paid staff members, it is our volunteers that help us run much of the day-to-day operations and upkeep at the facility. It is the hard work and devotion of these volunteers that fully present the spirit of the Exploration Station – The spirit of community members giving back to our community and our youth.
If you have any free time and would like to donate a helping hand to the Exploration Station, please follow the steps listed below:
Volunteer Application Process:
1. Download the following Volunteer Application link (Adobe Reader required) here: Volunteer Application
2. Fill out the Application and return the form to the Exploration Station during office hours; fax it to us at 805.473.3486, or mail it to us at P.O. Box 1117, Grover Beach, Ca 93483.
3. Wait for the Exploration Station to receive clearance on your background check.
4. After clearance is received, the Exploration Station will call you for a phone interview.
5. After completion of a phone interview, the Exploration Station will schedule you for a Volunteer Training workshop.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the program coordinator at 805.473.1421.
We welcome your support. The Exploration Station’s success is rooted in the involvement of community members who recognize the importance of cultivating our youth. We want to tap your talent knowing that each person has a special ability he/she can provide. Here are a few ways to extend your involvement and have a positive impact on the lives of families in our community:
Volunteer recruitment and retention
Develop volunteer and donation recognition programs
General promotion of Exploration Station
Program, activities and fundraiser promotion
Endowment fund development
Sponsor recruitment and retention
Program & Exhibits Planning
Determine community needs for children and senior citizens
Develop programs, activities and exhibits based on community needs (Cultural, biology/environmental, technology)
Program and activity materials and equipment funding
Program & Exhibits Operations
Exhibit building and maintenance
Procurement and maintenance of materials & equipment for programs and activities
Instructor & support personnel recruitment
Program and activity coordination
Building Design/ Specific Plan
Recommend a building design/Specific Plan to provide an attractive easily maintained facility that will accommodate new opportunities and technologies
Working with the public
Minor repairs/paint touch up, etc
Procure and maintain stock of supplies
Computers 4 Youth
(Computers are almost a necessity for children in school — but not all can afford one.)
Work with a friendly group refurbishing donated computers to help these kids
Learn a lot about computer hardware and software